SADIS Surgery is a technique that combines three utilities:
- The Super obesity treatment
- Treatment of type two diabetes
- And revision of gastric sleeve failure
SADI-S (Single anastomosis doudeno-ileal with sleeve gastrectomy) is an innovative surgical technique, based on the techniques of “Mini Gastric Bypass or a single anastomosis Bypass” and the “Doudenal Switch” getting the effectiveness of both at the same time, avoiding its risks or adverse effects.
To explain it in a simple way, this suegery consists in the operation of gastric sleeve or Tubular Gastrectomy, to which is added an omega duodenum ileal Bypass.
This technique achieves:
- A weight loss greater than the Gastric Bypass.
- A greater proportion of healing from metabolic problems (diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol..), greater than with gastric sleeve or gastric bypass.
- In addition, patients have a good quality of life, can eat like patients operated by Gastric Sleeve, and don’t have diarrhea or flatulence.
This technique avoids:
- The risk of biliary reflux of the “Mini Gastric Bypass or bypass of a single anastomosis”
- The risk of excessive malabsorption, with diarrhea and flatulence of “Duodenal switch”
- This new technique allows us to have a powerful therapeutic tool for particularly complex cases.
The operation would be indicated in patients with:
- Super-obese patients (double or triple morbid obesity -IMC> 55-).
- Patients with severe metabolic syndrome (diabetes mellitus severe, hypertension, cholesterol – elevated triglycerides).
- Patients in which has failed the operation of gastric sleeve.